Tuesday, March 6, 2012

INVISIBLE CHILDREN: KONY 2012!

DIRECTIONS: Please watch the video and read the article posted.
I want you to think about how this Kony 2012 campaign relates to the Civil Rights Movement. Consider the following questions for conversation during Socratic Seminar:
  • What is the connection between the Civil Rights Movement and the Kony 2012 campaign?
  • Who were the primary supporters of the Civil Rights Movement?
  • Who are the primary supporters of the Kony 2012 campaign?
  • Does the government actively support the
  • What is a "civil right"?
  • What is a "human right"?
  • What is the difference between a "civil right" and a "human right"?
  • What injustice exists that needs to be corrected?
  • What steps are being taken to correct the situation?
  • Is it important to be actively involved in your community? Why?
  • Is it important to be actively involved in your state/country? Why?
  • Is it our responsibility to fix problems in other countries? Why?
  • Is change important? Why?
  • How does change occur?
  • Who is responsible for change?

"I hear, I know. I see, I remember. I do, I understand." -Confucius
 
KONY 2012 from INVISIBLE CHILDREN on Vimeo.


JOIN THE @INVISIBLE CHILDREN! http://bit.ly/xqJJ9T
SIGN THE PLEDGE TO HELP US BRING @JOSEPH_KONY TO JUSTICE IN 2012!  bit.ly/zPK8P5 #STOPKONY


No comments:

Post a Comment